Sience Dissemination Center Universidade de Brasília (PILAB)
Mission: Promote scientific knowledge by supporting extension, teaching and research
activities aimed at the dissemination of scientific knowledge to the general public.
Vision: To be a center of science dissemination that supports the activities of the
University of Brasilia (UnB) and of any other institution that may lead to the spread of
knowledge and of science doing. As a result, it is expected to contribute to excellence in Brazilian science and to strengthen its international cooperation towards similar goals.
Values: commitment, responsibility and ethics.
The main Undergraduate Objectives are:
- Promote ways to demonstrate scientific concepts in practice
- Offer undegrad students the oportunity to participate in remote experimentation
- Present the World Pendulum Alliance Project to the Distant Learning (EAD) Staff of UnB to stimulate collaboration and the use of the Constellation of pendulums in non presential courses.
- Disclose the World Pendulum Alliance throughout university environments in the Federal District.
The main High School Objectives are:
- Promote ways to demonstrate scientific concepts in practice.
- Socialize access to scientific experimentation to disfavored high
- Demontrate to High School teachers the possibility of remote experimentation.
- Disclose the World Pendulum Alliance Project to high schools in Brasilia.
Primary Pendulum Location would be at -15.763398, -47.869915.
Inside the building Experimentoteca, located in Núcleo de Educação Científica (NECBIO) at the Campus Universitário, Darcy Ribeiro, Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil.